Saturday, December 4, 2010

The Skin of my Mind

I'm unclear the influence

of ravenous coffee

as pumpkin spiced muffins

bleed jack-o lantern orange.

I'm dying of sweatshirts

and muted autumn headlights

shining slick afterthoughts

of flannel umber frost.

-----

I nose the wheel down

an endless glassine impasse,

with the rain swept viscous undercurrent

of history on my tail.

The mid-semester ministry

smells of campus pub crawl heresy;

too gradient, I graduate

past blinding hate and faithlessness,

while raking piles of bonfire lightning

burst to flames of desolation.

-----

I fester on the done unyielding

and linger on shit maelstroms raging,

picking at bygone theoretical equations

predicting all my fuck ups to come.

-----

And always the here and always the now

and always the heart of this moment

peel forever lost

off the skin of my mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment